Let’s talk Hosting:
We’re fully-hosted in the cloud in a clustered, load balanced and redundant environment. We happily strive for a 99.99% targeted uptime and less than two-second average server response time. What else does cloud hosting mean? No hardware limits. You can instantly add or decrease capacity to meet your users’ needs.
How about upgrades and maintenance?
Schedules are important. That’s why Moodlerooms follows a release, upgrade and maintenance schedule that matches the academic calendar:
- 2 Major releases per year (Winter/Summer), so you have the latest and greatest technology and we apply it during the time when you have the lowest number of users on your system.
- 2-4 Maintenance packs for small updates, as well as periodic emergency security patch updates, which typically do not require downtime.
Physically Secured Hosting Architecture:
- 24x7 armed security and CCTV surveillance
- Multi-level security card readers with battery backup
- Biometric scanning
- Moodlerooms' vertical expertise with HIPAA, FERPA, GLBA, CA SB 1386, Sarbanes Oxley and Basel 2 provides clients with the highest level of data security and protection.
- Password Protection: User login information is kept secure through MD5, a 32-digit hexadecimal number that provides solid, irreversible cryptographic protection against hackers.
- Virus Scanning: Moodlerooms uses open-source ClamAV on its servers to scan, isolate and delete any corrupt files that are uploaded to Joule.
- Authentication: Moodlerooms supports more than 15 methods of authentication against external sources.
- Roles-Based Access: Joule offers a user-role system for controlling access to content and delegating administration.