Conduit is the tool that allows automating user and course management processes.
Conduit simplifies a Blackboard Open Content Administrator’s life by providing one conduit for any system to send information about users, courses, and enrollments too. Conduit saves administrators time in diagnosing connection issues through robust log information and automating common administrative tasks from semester to semester.
- Easily allows for user creation, course creation, and enrollments of users into courses.
- Can use a file upload, or connect directly via scripts to an external SIS/ ERP.
- Teachers do not have to worry about creating enrollments for his/ her own course.
- Conduit is extremely useful for the platform administrators.
The administrator can automate user and course management tasks, such as user registration, password authentication, and reuse of courses with a function of template creation.
Major Features Conduit
- Connect your student information system with the update of registrations and enrollment automatically
- Update using live web services or automated .csv files
- Track all interactions, as well as errors, sending alerts to administrators
- Map student information system fields to Moodlerooms fields
- Using webservices, pull grade data back to student information system
- Associate “master class archives” with specific courses, so that a course can be populated with content, as it is receiving enrollments from Conduit
- Users, courses, and enrollments are organized in a Student Information System (SIS) and need to be populated on a Moodlerooms site.
- SIS only has .csv export abilities, so Conduit needs to regularly pick up and process batches of updates.
- SIS has webservices, so Conduit listens to updates as they happen in the SIS.